|To make sure you continue to receive my e-mails in your Inbox (so they're not sent to a junk folder), please add email@example.com to your address book or safe sender list.|
|Kim's Club||Shop||Listen||Columns||Cool Sites||Tips||Buying Guide||Video of the Day|
Saturday, Nov. 1, 2008
Support this free newsletter—please visit our advertisers
Today's Cool Site...
What's running on your machine?
Unfortunately, computers aren't always well-behaved. And troubleshooting problems can be a real nightmare.
Often, computer woes can be traced to a single program. Maybe it is a piece of malware. Or, maybe there's a bug in a legitimate program.
Many processes are running on your computer at any given time. You can see these processes by opening Task Manager.
It isn't always easy to tell what program a process belongs to, though. You may not know if a process belongs to malware.
That's where Uniblue's Process Library comes in. Simply enter the name of a process. You get a quick description of the process.
The description will identify the program that uses a particular process. It will also tell you if it is safe to disable it.You may not need Process Library now. But bookmark the site. One day, you'll be very glad you did!
Every day, Team Komando produces some of the best content you'll find anywhere on the Internet. Here is a sampling of what's new on our site today!
• Sweepstakes Ends Monday: Don't miss out on winning a prize! Enter my Giveaway of the Day Sweepstakes today for your chance to win the NAVIGON 2100 max GPS unit. This $299 GPS device is ultra-thin and stylish with a 4.3" touchscreen display and advanced features. Get peace of mind and save gas by making sure you are always heading in the right direction! Hurry and enterthe sweepstakes ends Monday!
• Video of the Day: Football sure can be exciting. But some plays are more exciting than others. This is the best punt return I've ever seen.
• Privacy Tip: When snoopy people are around, don't just shut down the computer. Use Sleep or Hibernate, along with a strong password.
• Download of the Day: I know you! You never quite established a budget. How about today? I have three programs that will guide you.
• Kids Tip: Your children want music and video players. So you may well be in the market for one. Better learn how to block pornography.
TO VISIT TODAY'S COOL SITE, GO HERE:
Copyright © 2008, The Kim Komando Show. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of The Kim Komando Show is prohibited and strictly enforced. Newsletters may contain links to sites on the Internet owned and operated by third parties. The Kim Komando Show is not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any such third-party site. Information in this document is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from infringement. The user assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and the use of this document. We will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this information, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
You may also unsubscribe by sending a request via postal mail. Please include your name, e-mail address and a printed copy of your Newsletter e-mail. Send to: