|To make sure you continue to receive my e-mails in your Inbox (so they're not sent to a junk folder), please add email@example.com to your address book or safe sender list.|
|Kim's Club||Shop||Listen||Columns||Cool Sites||Tips||Buying Guide||Video of the Day|
Saturday, Dec. 13, 2008
Support this free newsletterSupport our advertisers
Today's Cool Site...
Many find the practice of whale hunting distasteful. After all, many whale populations are threatened. That's thanks to commercial whaling.
There are groups that rely on whale hunting for subsistence, though. For example, Eskimo communities have a strong tradition of whaling.
I'll withhold my opinion on subsistence hunting. I'm sure you have your opinions on the matter.
Instead, I'd like to take you inside a whale hunt. Jonathan Harris spent nine days with a family of Inupiat Eskimos in 2007.
Jonathan was able to witness one of their traditional whale hunts. As you would expect, he documented it rigorously. In all, he took more than 3,000 photographs!
At today's Cool Site, you can view these photographs. They're presented in a variety of unique ways. The presentation helps tell the story of the whale hunt.
I don't know what's more impressive. The arrangement of the photos offers new insight into the whaling narrative. And many of the photos are simply breathtaking.No matter what your opinion on whaling, I'm sure you'll find the story fascinating! This is a great way to learn about something many of us will never see.
Every day, Team Komando produces some of the best content you'll find anywhere on the Internet. Here is a sampling of what's new on our site today!
• Big Prizes, Daily!: Enter today to win great prizes in my Great Giveaway Sweepstakes! Every caller who speaks with me on the air today wins a valuable prize. You have to call when I am broadcasting the show live this morning (Saturday), between 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Pacific Time. The number to call is toll-free 1-888-825-5254. Or, head on over to giveaway.komando.com and enter online to win today's online prizea $150 Audiovox Homebase Message Center. Enter every day online for more chances to win daily prizes and our Grand Prize drawing, too.
• Video of the Day: Reunions are always happy. But this one is especially heartwarming. The story behind these men is awe-inspiring.
• Privacy Tip: You need quality security software. But you needn't pay for it. There are plenty of free security programs on my Web site.
• Download of the Day: We all have friends with whom we've lost touch. Finding people can be a real challenge. But I have sites that will help.
• Kids Tip: Some things you only get one chance to see. The baby's first steps, for instance. Catch those moments, even if you're out of town.
TO VISIT TODAY'S COOL SITE, GO HERE:
Copyright © 2008, The Kim Komando Show. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of The Kim Komando Show is prohibited and strictly enforced. Newsletters may contain links to sites on the Internet owned and operated by third parties. The Kim Komando Show is not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any such third-party site. Information in this document is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from infringement. The user assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and the use of this document. We will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this information, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
You may also unsubscribe by sending a request via postal mail. Please include your name, e-mail address and a printed copy of your Newsletter e-mail. Send to: