|To make sure you continue to receive my e-mails in your Inbox (so they're not sent to a junk folder), please add email@example.com to your address book or safe sender list.|
|Kim's Club||Shop||Listen||Columns||Cool Sites||Tips||Buying Guide||Video of the Day|
Friday, Oct. 31, 2008
Today's Cool Site...
Trick or treat
Halloween is one of my favorite days. I just love the costumes, candy and haunted houses!
The kids probably won't get to trick or treat until this afternoon. So, they may get a little antsy, to put it mildly.
Well, you can keep them occupied with some fun Halloween activities.
Start at Kaboose's Halloween site. You'll find fun coloring pages, online games and more. If you haven't carved the pumpkin yet, check out the tips.
Then, take a tour of a fun virtual haunted house on Hershey's site. This one won't give the kids nightmares. Rather, it will teach them about the history behind Halloween.
There are also plenty of other fun things on Hershey's site. You'll find crafts and activities, along with downloads.
Before going trick or treating, there are a few more things to do.
First and foremost, you want to think of your children's safety. Halloween must be paradise for child molesters.
You'll want to make sure you don't cross paths with them. So, find out if there are any predators in your neighborhood. My helpful tip will help you do just that.
Finally, grab your camera! You'll want to take plenty of pictures of the little goblins in their costumes.
It isn't enough to just point the camera and start shooting, though. You'll want to take your time and get some good shots. My tip will help you take better Halloween photos.
Check out the subject line
Every day, Team Komando produces some of the best content you'll find anywhere on the Internet. Here is a sampling of what's new on our site today!
• Last Few Days to Win: Are you in need of wireless wherever you go? Stop getting disconnected! Today only, enter to win a D-Link AirPlus Wireless Pocket Router and USB Adapter ($167.98 VALUE) during the Komando.com Giveaway of the Day. This prize package will keep you connected in conference rooms, hotels, or any other hotspot when you're on the go! Don't miss out, the sweepstakes ends Monday!
• Video of the Day: It's the scariest day of the year. Halloween! Disneyland is a happy place. But its Haunted Mansion is a spooky ride.
• Digital Minute, on your radio: Your favorite college student decides he or she wants to major in video games. So, what's so scary about that?
• Free Download of the Day: Videos come in a mind-boggling variety of formats. I doubt your media player supports them all. This one does.
• Tip on the site: Voltage, amperes and watts are confusing. And so are uninterruptible power supplies. But I straighten things out in today's tip.
Copyright © 2008, The Kim Komando Show. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of The Kim Komando Show is prohibited and strictly enforced. Newsletters may contain links to sites on the Internet owned and operated by third parties. The Kim Komando Show is not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any such third-party site. Information in this document is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from infringement. The user assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and the use of this document. We will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this information, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
You may also unsubscribe by sending a request via postal mail. Please include your name, e-mail address and a printed copy of your Newsletter e-mail. Send to: