|To make sure you continue to receive my e-mails in your Inbox (so they're not sent to a junk folder), please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book or safe sender list.|
|Kim's Club||Shop||Listen||Columns||Cool Sites||Tips||Buying Guide||Video of the Day|
Monday, Oct. 27, 2008
Today's Cool Site...
Stamp out file compatibility woes
Sharing files with other people can be a real hassle. That's because not everybody uses the same software as you.
For example, your friend might send you a Word file. But maybe you use Works or some other word processor. You may not be able to open the file.
You could ask your friend to save the file in a different format. But who wants to be a pest?
Instead, try YouConvertIt. This free site will convert files to different formats quickly and easily. Just select your files and choose a format. It's that easy!
But YouConvertIt can do so much more than that. It will help you download and convert videos from YouTube and other sites.You can also convert units. Or, upload your files and send links to friends and family. It's an easy way to transfer large files!
Every day, Team Komando produces some of the best content you'll find anywhere on the Internet. Here is a sampling of what's new on our site today!
• Enter to Win: You love free things, right? Well, we love giving away things! Enter my Giveaway of the Day Sweepstakes today for your chance to win a SanDisk Sansa Fuse Music/Video player and Mobile Ultra MicroSD card. This $160 value 4GB portable music machine features music, video, photo, audio book, FM radio, and built-in voice recorder. What a prize!
• Video of the Day: Chess is an exciting battle of wits. But most people don't view it as a spectator sport. This video might change some minds.
• Digital Minute, on your radio: October marks a very special anniversary. The first commercial cell phone call was made 25 years ago.
• Free Download of the Day: Comparing nearly identical files and folders can be difficult. Minute changes are hard to spot. This program fixes that.
• Tip on the site: Wireless networking standards are confusing. The best is 802.11n. It's blazing fast. But do you really need it?
TO VISIT TODAY'S COOL SITE, GO HERE:
Copyright © 2008, The Kim Komando Show. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of The Kim Komando Show is prohibited and strictly enforced. Newsletters may contain links to sites on the Internet owned and operated by third parties. The Kim Komando Show is not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any such third-party site. Information in this document is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from infringement. The user assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and the use of this document. We will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this information, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
You may also unsubscribe by sending a request via postal mail. Please include your name, e-mail address and a printed copy of your Newsletter e-mail. Send to: